So you want to join a tight-knit, awesome community?
- Belong to a fun community: joining the Date My Mate community means meeting fun, like-minded people. We run monthly events for our community, such as happy hours, picnics, bowling, karaoke nights, dinners and more.
- Be part of a great cause: we're serious about our mission of providing better ways for people to connect with each other. The digital world has brought many great things, but no one can argue that the worlds of dating and friendship have suffered.
- Score a date: at each event giving a shout-out to volunteers involved is the norm. It's a great way to get exposure to an audience full of people looking for love, with many of our past volunteers being invited to follow up dates after the event .
- Have loads of fun along the way: it's hard not to have fun when you're helping run events where friends pitch their single mates to a crowd!
- Help your CV: having Date My Mate on your resume is always a conversation starter, and we're always happy to provide a reference for a job or a university application too.
- Enjoy perks: together with your friends, take advantage of monthly promo codes, free tickets to Date My Mate events, and more
Date My Mate Volunteer Roles:
- EVENT LEAD AND PITCHER LIAISON is responsible for coordinating all day of event activities and is the main point of contact for the evening and for the host and is the main point of contact for the Pitchers leading up to the event and on the night.
- MC welcomes the guests and guides them through the show by introducing the artists and telling the Date My Mate story. They create the vibe and the atmosphere in the room.
- SOCIAL MEDIA is in charge of live-tweeting, posting on Instagram Stories during the event.
- GUEST LIAISON is in charge of checking in guests at the door and welcoming them and directing them to sit and chat until the event starts.
- VIDEOGRAPHY / PHOTOGRAPHY Capture professional photos of the guests, pitches, venue & team and upload them into our dropbox.
- "UNDER COVER" MINGLER Help bring the vibes, make introductions and get around the guests.